QuickBooks error 179 is a banking error that arises due to an issue connecting the bank. You won’t be able to access the bank transaction even if you try to log in again. The path to access the bank and its transactions are blocked. You can also experience that the bank-related functions are also not working properly. Your work on Quickbooks will start to suffer; that’s the reason you should try to fix it as soon as possible. You must be thinking about the reasons why you have come across the error. Along with this, you would be seeking methods to solve the errors.
No worries; via this blog, you will have a full understanding of the troubleshooting steps that are best to resolve error 179.
In case you are having any other issue accompanying the QuickBooks Error 179, then we suggest contacting an expert. Dial +1(800)-578-0315 to get connected with one of our QuickBooks experts for a complete solution to QuickBooks errors
Causes & Effects of QuickBooks error code 179
There could be various issues due to which your QuickBooks Desktop error message 179. Few of them are the most common; check out the list below for common errors:
- You might be logged in to your bank account using several devices, which is the most common reason for getting QuickBooks error 179.
- You might have mistakenly entered the wrong username and password, due to which you are prone to the error occurrence.
- Other than entering the wrong credentials, a prominent issue is the mismatch of credentials. That means you have updated the password in online, but you haven’t updated the same in QuickBooks Desktop.
- There is a huge possibility that the bank details you are trying to access are the wrong bank account, and hence, the system is not letting you get through, which is why the Error 179.
A firewall or Antivirus can also block access to the bank. Windows firewall is built to detect system threats. So when the program is running, it is detecting the QB program as a threat and not letting it connect to the bank.
Effects of Error Code 179 in QuickBooks Desktop
- Stops you from downloading transactions – This error stops you from being able to download the transaction from the bank, which is otherwise downloaded automatically.
- Download won’t happen internetchicks automatically -Due to the underlying problems in and the bank side, you won’t get automatic downloads.
Troubleshooting Steps to Resolve the QuickBooks Desktop Error 179
There are various ways to fix QuickBooks Error 179. We are sharing the ones that work best to resolve common errors. Be careful to conduct them carefully as you proceed with the troubleshooting:
Run company file Issues from QuickBooks Tool Hub to fix the error
- QuickBooks Tool hub is an automatic way to resolve the issues that can’t be detected, but you find errors that indicate them.
- To use it for troubleshooting, go to Intuit’s official site and hit the download button to download the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Once you have downloaded it, install the program on the device by giving approval by clicking on the Yes button.
- Next, you have to double-click the program to launch it and click Company File issues>File Doctor.
You can also run the troubleshooting Network issues to fix them. Restart your PC once all the steps are followed in the proper manner.
If you were not able to download the transaction on your own using the methods above, you could resolve it. But if the problem is deep-rooted, then you need an expert to help you. Experts will identify the issue, and we will suggest troubleshooting based on it to resolve the error 179 and your worries too.